American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their talents to the development of Redcross.org and Redcrossblood.org platforms.
These valuable platforms represent a gateway for accomplishing several key goals of the Red Cross:
- Publish life-saving information about the Red Cross, our mission, how we help, how to prepare for natural and unplanned disasters, and more
- Solicit financial donations from supportive individuals who generously fund our Mission
- Allow blood donors an easy way to schedule a blood donation appointment
- Recruit volunteers who are responsible for delivering 90% of our disaster relief hours
- Allow professionals and interested individuals to enroll in training and certification courses that help deal with daily emergencies in local communities
We operate Code4Good much like any modern distributed software project, with our virtual team collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.